What are the benefits?
- Learning easier ways to do everyday tasks
- Greater feeling of comfort & vitality
- A sense of relaxation & well-being
- Ability to breathe more easily & fully
- More satisfying performance in sport, exercise & the performing arts
How does it work?
Many of our everyday aches and pains occur as a result of how we move. Over our lifetime we each develop unconscious habits about how we do things. Sometimes these ways of using ourselves no longer serve us well, and we develop pain or discomfort.
The Feldenkrais Method can help you to become aware of how you move and enable you to learn new ways to move, which are more comfortable and cause less stress to your body. The emphasis is on awareness and learning, rather than ‘correcting’ or ‘fixing’.